Boone is a community of learning that values and provides all students with the opportunity for success in academics, creative arts, and citizenship in a safe, nurturing environment.
Every student matters. Every moment matters.
We believe all students:
- can develop a love for learning in a strong diverse community where everyone’s contributions are valued.
- deserve a safe and nurturing environment that supports and challenges them.
- need a strong foundation with high expectations for the staff and students that foster growth.
- thrive when courage to be creative and develop their individuality and providing differentiated instruction.
- Physical, musical and artistic abilities
- Philanthropy and showing gratitude
- Using all resources to support students “it takes a village”
- Dedication to the whole child by supporting their interests and academics with interventions and extensions
- A sense of community and family
- A safe environment and mutual respect
- A positive and happy staff and students
- Individualized academic, social and emotional interventions
- Each child refusing to allow any child to slip through the cracks
- High expectations for all
- Supportive families
- Supportive and generous leadership
- Multiple intelligences and differentiated learning styles
- A sense of belonging
Boone Elementary opened it doors on September 3, 1986. The 63,500 sq. foot building houses Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE), PK3, PK4 and Kindergarten through 5th grade students. The floor plan includes 36 classrooms, a computer lab, art and music rooms, and a large combination cafeteria-gym area.
A new 8 classroom addition was completed in January 2000. Continued improvements to the building through a generous community support and bond packages include new AC and heater units, wireless capabilities, and blacktop with a shade cover. Our exterior grounds include an active garden and a natural playscape for younger students.
The building was named after George and Johnnie Boone. Mr. Boone was one of the first two Drivers Education teachers hired in Austin ISD. He was named Teacher of the Year in 1982 by the Texas Driver and Safety Education Association. He passed away in 2000. Mrs. Boone was a master teacher, coordinator of the Elementary Education Department and the principal of Sunset Valley Elementary. Her active support of Early Childhood Education prompted the state to fund kindergarten for all Texas students. She passed away in 2012.
Their advocacy and dedication to the students of AISD is evident. We are honored to continue their commitment to high quality education at Boone.