Boone's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is filled with dedicated parents, teachers, grandparents, and community members. Events sponsored by PTA have hundreds attend. Look for events like Spirit Night, Family Bingo nights, Family Fun Run, Breakfast Baazar, Fall Festival, parent education speakers, and Carnival. These opportunities bring family friendly opporunities for us to connect and spend time with each other.
PTA MEMBERSHIP WEBSITES
National PTA: https://www.pta.org/benefits
Texas PTA: http://www.txpta.org/member-benefits
EMERGENCY NEEDS RELIEF FUND
Texas PTA established the Texas PTA Emergency Relief Fund in 1995. This fund is used to provide emergency assistance grants for victims of hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, catastrophic illness and accidents. Financial aid is provided only to the truly needy and is consistent with the need.
Join the Boone PTA and get a free Boone T-shirt! (Sizes & styles are limited- so join now for the best selection!) $8/person or $15/family.
When you use this link, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible puchases to Boone PTA.
RANDALL'S GOOD NEIGHBOR PROGRAM
WANTED: ROOM PARENTS
Boone loves parent volunteers! If you are interested in being a Room Parent for the 2017-2018 school year please let us know. You can fill out the Room Parent Volunteer Form and return to the PTA box in the front office, or you can email Jennifer Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you send an email be sure to include your name, your child’s name and the teacher’s name and grade.
As a Room Parent, your general responsibilities will include:
- Liaison between teachers, parents, administrators and the PTA
- Coordinating class parties at the teacher’s discretion
- Assisting with coordination of volunteers for school/classroom events
- Decorating the classroom door several times during the school year
- Coordination of donations for, and assembly of the class basket for the Spring Carnival Silent Auction.
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS WANTING TO GO ON FIELD TRIPS
Parents who wish to go on their children's field trips must complete an AISD background check through Austin Partners in Education (APIE)
APIE will email you the result of your background check or call you if you do not have an email account. If you have any questions about the background check, call Nicole Lozo, Boone counselor at (512) 841-5376 or email Nicole.email@example.com. You can also contact Dawn Lewis at (512) 637-0983 or www.austinpartners.org
Steps for applying for a background check:
- Go to www.austinpartners.org
- Select the blue “Volunteer” icon
- Then select the school based volunteer icon
- Use the drop down menu to select Boone Elementary as the campus
- At the Boone Elementary page, select volunteer activity you are interested in doing or mentor if that is your interest.
- Input your e-mail address** where designated and confirm.
- Click on “Register”
- APIE will contact our counselor, Nicole Lozo when the background check has been cleared.
(You do not have to make a donation to volunteer.)
When approval comes through, Nicole will call you to verify that you are interested in the selected activity.
Please also be advised that siblings are not allowed on field trips and that parents will need to sign in as a visitor in the office before leaving for a field trip.