Boone's Parent Teacher Association (PTA) is filled with dedicated parents, teachers, grandparents, and community members. Events sponsored by PTA have hundreds attend. Look for events like Spirit Night, Family Bingo nights, Family Fun Run, Breakfast Baazar, Fall Festival, parent education speakers, and Carnival. These opportunities bring family friendly opportunities for us to connect and spend time with each other.
PTA MEMBERSHIP WEBSITES
National PTA: https://www.pta.org/benefits
Texas PTA: http://www.txpta.org/member-benefits
Spirit Night at Bush's Chicken 2/23, 3/23, 4/27, 5/25
SUPPORT STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK, Feb. 16 - 19
SUBMIT PHOTOS FOR THE YEARBOOK by 3/1
MESSAGE FROM BOONE PTA VP MEMBERSHIP
Hello Boone Family! It’s Jason, your PTA Membership Czar.
First, let me invite you to our FaceBook page, https://www.facebook.com/groups/boonepta/ & our PTA website https://www.BoonePTA.com. Our Facebook page is the most active, informational and is updated many times a day. Our website is more static but the place to buy anything PTA related.
2020 is an asterisk year for everyone. The PTA is no different. Our goal is 279 members this year & so far, we aren't yet halfway there. Thank you to all who have joined as members so far! We understand that between the hardships & lack of in-person activities, it’s hard to see the value in signing up.
This year, the PTA is pivoting from adding color to providing necessity. We have reassessed our goals and wanted to make everyone aware.
1. Teacher Reimbursement - Boone PTA believes happy teachers are our most valuable resource. Our reimbursement program helps teachers offset some of the cost they spend out of pocket. We hope to both give money at the beginning & the end of the year. Previous years saw $150- $500 paybacks. These keep great teachers happy & help recruit new ones. Boone PTA wants a reputation of teacher appreciation.
2. Outdoor Teaching Spaces - Covid-19 has brought us social distancing. AISD is maintaining social distance where feasible. However, there are situations where there are more than 6-7 students in a class. The Boone PTA wants to invest in our single already-developed outdoor classroom & add two more. Having these outdoor spaces will allow both teachers & students some reprieve from indoor regiments. We are already an environmentally focused school & some well appointed outdoor classrooms will not only be a luxury during COVID but can be used in perpetuity. Another diamond in our crown.
3. Support Students in Need - We have asked Principal Stevens & Counselor Nicole Lozo to find students who may be falling through the cracks. Whether it’s wi-fi, tutors, or whatever is needed, we want to be able to help. We know we can't fix everything, but we can try!
You can help us help our kids in a few easy ways.
A. Use http://smile.amazon.com/ & Pick PTA Texas Congress Boone Elementary PTA.
B. Join at BoonePTA.com. It’s an inexpensive $8. If you want a dual membership, save a dollar. You can buy a membership for anyone. Grandma, Teen kids, etc.. You can also sponsor one of our awesome teachers. Remember it's called PTA, the Parent Teacher Association. Last year, we were able to sponsor EVERY Boone Teacher.
C. Are you a business owner or work for someone who donates or matches local charities? We can help each other! Contact our President@BoonePTA.com & ask about opportunities for our mutual growth. We have active parents who spend money at our supporters businesses. We like to provide a return on your investment more than great karma.
Sign up now & be entered in our Mother of all Drawings! We will Facebook live an exciting & highly entertaining drawing for luxurious prizes & cold hard cash!
YOUR PTA BUDGET HARD AT WORK
Not only did Boone PTA give $100 to each teacher to help cover supplies for their classrooms, but we welcomed teachers and staff with a first-day-back-in-school lunch and snacks for the teacher's lounge. Thank you to all who donated additional funds or food items! Our budget is also covering much needed equipment for the custodial staff, including vacuum cleaners and leaf blowers.
SPIRIT NIGHTS AT BUSH'S CHICKEN
Support Boone when you order out! We have two Spirit Nights set up this month...
Bush's Chicken, 5-8pm on the following dates: 2/23, 3/23, 4/27, 5/25
Pick up dinner through the drive-thru at Bush's Chicken, Brodie Lane, and when you mention Boone Spirit Night, our school gets a portion of proceeds!
If you know a local business that would like to partner with Boone for future Spirit Nights, please message us on Facebook. We are also looking for a Spirit Night Chairperson to help coordinate these efforts!
OPEN PTA POSITIONS
There are still important positions that need to be filled, and we encourage you to consider stepping up to serve our school community.
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Spirit Night
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Business Partners
- Watch DOGS
WE NEED PICTURES FOR YEARBOOK!
Please capture photos of your kiddos as they navigate school this year and Go to images.balfour.com to upload photos from your computer or phone. Enter Project Number 117172 and leave the upload code blank. Deadline to upload is March 1, 2021.
Some images we'd love to see:
- Working on art projects
- Moving their bodies with Go Noodle, PE lessons, or recess
- Your kids wearing their favorite masks
- Creative ways your kids are staying in touch with their friends
When you use this link, Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible puchases to Boone PTA.
EMPLOYER DONATION MATCHING
Will your employer match your donation to Boone Elementary? If so, requested receipts will be provided to any employer who matches your donation!
EMERGENCY NEEDS RELIEF FUND
Texas PTA established the Texas PTA Emergency Relief Fund in 1995. This fund is used to provide emergency assistance grants for victims of hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, catastrophic illness and accidents. Financial aid is provided only to the truly needy and is consistent with the need.
Join the Boone PTA and get a free Boone T-shirt! (Sizes & styles are limited- so join now for the best selection!) $8/person or $15/family.
RANDALL'S GOOD NEIGHBOR PROGRAM
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS WANTING TO GO ON FIELD TRIPS
Parents who wish to go on their children's field trips must complete an AISD background check through Austin Partners in Education (APIE)
APIE will email you the result of your background check or call you if you do not have an email account. If you have any questions about the background check, call Nicole Lozo, Boone counselor at (512) 841-5376 or email Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Dawn Lewis at (512) 637-0983 or www.austinpartners.org
Please also be advised that siblings are not allowed on field trips and that parents will need to sign in as a visitor in the office before leaving for a field trip.